Sauti Sol’s Bien takes on Government over ‘Studio Mashinani’

Sauti Sol’s Bien takes on Government over ‘Studio Mashinani’
  • Bien-Aime Baraza is Sauti Sol lead vocalist and co founder of the all-boy afro-pop band formed in 2005 
  • Bien says he and the Sauti Sol crew shared with President Kenyatta the idea of setting up music studios, community radios, ICT centres and libraries with the spirit of community service 

  • The ‘studio mashinani’ initiative was launched by visiting reggae artistes Richie Spice, Etana, and Luciano

Hot on the heels of the launch of the ‘studio mashinani’ project, Sauti Sol’s Bien–Aime- Baraza now claims it was his idea and that he had been swindled by the government. The singer took to Instagram to rant on Friday after the official launch of the ministry of ICT outfit that seeks to grow talent in youth and create employment in the creative arts sector for talented youth across the country.

Sauti Sol’s Bien-Aime Baraza

The Sauti Sol singer said persons he shared the idea with last year after meeting President Uhuru Kenyatta on 29th December 2015 implemented his idea without involving him and without his consent. He was also angered by the fact that artistes from Jamaica were invited to launch the project yet there were Kenyan artistes capable of steering the project and mentoring young talented Kenyans across the country.

READ ALSO: Timmy Tdat and Susumila release new music video – oyoo

From Bien’s post, there is more than meets the eye as he says he is soon going to reveal more on the alleged intellectual theft saga.

On December 29 2015 I had the honor to meet with His Excellency The President in Statehouse Mombasa. The agenda was Kenya Music Industry and Youth. Myself and my @sautisol brothers shared a proposal called STUDIO MASHINANI with His Excellency. It was an extensive project involving Music studios, community radio, ICT Centers and Libraries with the spirit of community service. We were further instructed to give the proposal to Bruce Odhiambo who was at the time Chair of the Youthfund office. We teamed up with Raphael Obonyo @raph_obonyo Cedric Kadenyi tighten the whole proposal with budgets and standard operating systems for the project. The Proposal was sent to the relevant parties. Only to wake up today a year and some months later to see the project being launched countrywide by a JAMAICAN ARTIST!!!!!! NOT EVEN A KENYAN!!!!!I am not in any way implying that The President has a hand in this because he deals with millions of things and this may just be one of those that he delegated. I feel so robbed. I plan to make everything public soon. Just so that the ones who want to can learn from it.

A post shared by BIEN-AIME ALUSA BARAZA (@bienaimesol) on

Previous Philippines betting firm branches into Kenyan market
Next Dobba Fest rocks reggae fans (PHOTOS)

You might also like

Latest 0 Comments

Drake Leads AMA Nominations

The list of the American music awards is out and Hotline Bling rapper Drake is leading the pack with 13 nominations followed by a distant 7 nominations for Rihanna, Justin

Entertainment 0 Comments

Singer Marya Unveils Pregnancy Photo Shoot pics

Colonel Mustapha’s ex girlfriend and Singer Marya is looking forward to being a mummy. “I was in total disbelief when I found out I was pregnant. To date, I am

Entertainment 0 Comments

After ‘devil worship’ video Raj releases ‘explicit’ short film titled ‘SEXXY’

Rapper/producer Raj had been accused of spreading ‘devil worship’ through his horror-themed film known as ‘EMAMBA’ He followed that up with a more popular one called ‘SEXXY’ Raj is on a

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Reply